Read the whole series:
A trip to the SeaTac Airport afforded a wonderful opportunity to share lessons in the danger of your hand or eye offending you.
The Sermon on the Mount was being taught in Bible class. Discussion surrounded the danger of ignoring or overlooking the skandalizoo, the foot of the trap where the bait is set.
Each child was instructed to watch the eyes of men as a woman in a low cut neck line or a high cut hem line walked by them. They were asked to pay close attention to the men’s eyes as a woman with tight designer jeans walked passed.
The topic at lunch that day was, “What did you see?”
Red faces blushed at the very question.
“What did you see,” I asked again. The lesson was clear. They grasped the concept and the significance of godly men making a covenant with their eyes and godly women honoring their body as the temple of the Holy Spirit.
Developing godly character and strong spiritual formation aids in the combat against peer pressure.
Here are 5 ways parents develop a biblical world view in their child
1. Strong Training – Children must be trained in practical ways to respond when temptation arises and their peers are pressuring to participate in ungodly activity.
2. Awaken the Fear of the Lord – Fear of the Lord must be alive and vibrant assuring them God sees.
3. Cultivate a Love for God -Love for God and His ways must be motivating them to please Him more than they want to please their friends and their peers.
4. Teach Good Decision Making – Skill in making quality decisions based upon the wisdom of God should be carefully cultivated early in elementary and middle school years so they have the ability to make those decisions in high school and college.
5. Show proper application – Right application of the precepts and the principles of God’s Word are developed as they see the concepts pointed out in all walks of life.
Most Christian curriculum does not address these critical issues. It must be developed and applied by the parents. It must be applied to each child as they grow in character and develop in spiritual formation according to their unique bent.
That is the strength and power of home education when it is carried out well.
We are blessed to have all three of our children and their life partners walking mighty in Spirit. They are in full time Christian ministry and raising their children to be godly and mighty in Spirit in their generation.
Truly, the Lord is great and greatly to be praised!