I hope you love the products and resources I recommend here at Foundational. It is possible that I get a commission and collect income from the links on this page. Click here for more info.
Do we shut up the kingdom of God to the general population?
Jesus never did that. He rebuked the religious rulers, but welcomed in the most ordinary people and those who the religious rulers thought were the worst of sinners.
When we protest by holding up our Christian signs, the majority of people don’t get it.
They don’t know what we’re talking about.
They think we’re being religious snobs and hypocrites, and that we’re shutting up the kingdom of God to them and that we hate sinners.
The majority of the church isn’t like that.
The majority of the church loves sinners and recognizes that but for the grace of God they’re lost!
Do You Really Know Who You Are in Jesus Christ?
Show Notes For This Foundational Podcast:
- Philippians 3:1-8
- God was uniting the church together
- God is opening up the kingdom wide
- Beware of those who make man-made rules for salvation
You do have to be born again, but it’s not by pedigree! Not everyone will gets in.
- John 14:15-20
- Jesus is taking our relationship to an even greater level and made it even more shocking
- It doesn’t center around the temple
- You are going to become the temple of God
- John 15:15
- Jesus takes it even deeper
- You’re not only a temple of God, you’re a friend of God.
- In the Greek grammar, it places them in a position of greater distinction
- It is a relationship with God that isn’t like an acquaintance, or good friends, but a friendship where you share life together.
- Ephesians 1:3-6
- We are not only a friend, but an adopted son and daughter of God
- This is so much better than being religious!
Do you really know who you are in Jesus Christ?
- Or you can live everyday in the manifest presence of God
- Because you’ve accepted Jesus Christ, you can live from glory to glory
- Even when you live in the real world, with trials and struggles, God’s presence with you
- 2 Corinthians 3:18
How do we walk in this on a daily basis?
- Jesus put a condition on this
- If you love me keep my commandments
- You are my friends if you do what I say
- This is how we know Him, if we keep His commandments
- But here’s the difference
- In the Old Testament, it was keeping the commandments to be righteous
- In Jesus Christ, we keep the commandments because we are righteous – our righteousness comes from Jesus
If you enjoyed this podcast, please consider leaving us a review. This helps the Foundational podcast reach more listeners.
Be sure to tell a friend about the Foundational blog and podcast, and share with them about the free Bible Reading Challenge journal they will receive when they subscribe to receive my newsletter!
Grow in your relationship with Christ with these discipleship manuals:
Read More Articles Like This: