I have been trouble lately because I see believers responding to political rhetoric, out of the carnal soul and mind. I’m not speaking about parties, I am asking how do we as believers handle the stuff of the world.
The news that we hear on a daily basis about the violence and hate and anger that is escalating inside our own cities.
How do we handle our own stuff?
Pressure in our marriage, too much month at the end of the paycheck.
How do we, as sons and daughters of the living God, handle this stuff?
Show Notes For This Foundational Podcast:
Matthew 13:1-13, 18-23
4 Failed Ways to Deal With Pressures of Life
- We can ignore them
- We turn on music or watch movies to ignore what’s going on around us
- We adopt a fatalistic attitude, thinking we can’t change our circumstances anyway
- We can blame them on something else
- We look for other people or circumstances to cast the blame for what’s going on in our life
- We can avoid them
- We know they are there
- We bury ourselves in work
- We throw ourselves into a hobby
- We hit them head on in anger
- We adopt a vigilante attitude
- We invite an anarchy spirit
“Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and the Sadducees.”
- What is the leaven of the Pharisees?
- Cloaked in religion
- We must understand the right way to handle issues
What is the right way to handle the pressures of life
- We handle the pressures of life from the perspective of the kingdom of God
- The kingdom perspective is often upside down to our own
- We need to seek God’s face to see what He is doing through our situation
- We need a kingdom perspective.
- This will only happen when we come as a little child
- Matthew 5:3
- Poor in spirit is someone who is living in abject poverty and have no way to change their condition
If you enjoyed this podcast, please consider leaving us a review. This helps the Foundational podcast reach more listeners.
Be sure to tell a friend about the Foundational blog and podcast, and share with them about the free Bible Reading Challenge journal they will receive when they subscribe to receive my newsletter!
Grow in your relationship with Christ with these discipleship manuals:
For more blog posts on your new identity: