There is a basic presupposition of the Old and New Testaments that there are two opposing kingdoms on planet earth. It is an assumed fact that there is a very real being, a fallen angel named Lucifer, that was thrown out of heaven and 1/3 of angels with him because he rebelled against God because he wanted to be God.
There is a second kingdom: The kingdom of God.
There is an eternal Being, from everlasting to everlasting. He has no beginning or end of days, no mother or father. He has manifested himself in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Show Notes For This Foundational Podcast:
What is man that You are mindful of him, And the son of man that You visit him? For You have made him a little lower than the angels, And You have crowned him with glory and honor. You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet, All sheep and oxen— Even the beasts of the field,
The birds of the air, And the fish of the sea That pass through the paths of the seas.
- God’s original design was that we be a kingdom of priests
- Mankind would be divine royalty
- God designed planet earth to be the location of his kingdom and dominion
- Sin destroys that
- It causes the human race to live beneath what God created it to be
- So God made a decision
- Jesus became the last Adam
- The first Adam committed high treason
- Jesus reversed everything the first Adam did
But one testified in a certain place, saying: “What is man that You are mindful of him, Or the son of man that You take care of him? You have made him a little lower than the angels; You have crowned him with glory and honor, And set him over the works of Your hands. You have put all things in subjection under his feet.” For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory,
- We sit with God on an eternal throne
- It will never be defeated
- We have to learn how to behave like royalty
- Mark 8:13-21
- Jesus was deeply concerned that his disciples did not understand the principles of the kingdom
- You can be born again and still live under the principles of this world
- We have to live right side up with God, and upside down to the world, to make the kingdom of God work
- Do you live everyday with the assurance of who you are
- Do you know how to walk and talk as royalty of the Kingdom of God
If you enjoyed this podcast, please consider leaving us a review. This helps the Foundational podcast reach more listeners.
Be sure to tell a friend about the Foundational blog and podcast, and share with them about the free Bible Reading Challenge journal they will receive when they subscribe to receive my newsletter!
Grow in your relationship with Christ with these discipleship manuals:
For more material on discovering your new identity, read my series here:
These three books are also available on Amazon in Kindle or Paperback.
For more blog posts on your new identity: