I hope you love the products and resources I recommend here at Foundational. It is possible that I get a commission and collect income from the links on this page. Click here for more info.
Thankfulness is a significant characteristic of a free people.
They remember the sacrifices and amazing achievements made by men and women who purchased their freedoms.
Days are appointed to honor and celebrate these men and women because they never want to forget freedom is not really free.
It is won and it is maintained at a very high price.
Two Great Reasons to Be Thankful in 2018
1. July 4th, Independence Day is celebrated to remember the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice to free their sons and daughters from the tyrannical rule of a king.
It’s also to remember “All men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness…”
So, we remember the men and women who paid the ultimate price to bring freedom to those held in the tyranny of slavery.
2. Memorial Day and Veterans Day are celebrated to honor the memory of those men and women who made heroic sacrifices against forces threatening our freedoms in the trenches of World War I; at Anzio, Omaha Beach, Corregidor, Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima.
We never want to forget the great sacrifices made at the 38th parallel, on the LZ’s of Viet Nam, in Desert Storm, in Shock and Awe or in the mountains of Afghanistan.
Our Founding Fathers and our war heroes certainly were not perfect. No human being is without fault.
When a person or a group of people become focused upon the faults and foibles resentment sets in and gratefulness for the wonderful accomplishments is forgotten and no longer celebrated.
The USA has not been perfect. We are not without faults and we have made some horrible mistakes. We are still the greatest nation and the freest people in the history of mankind.
Pause for a moment and ask:
- What would the world be like if the USA had not existed over the last two hundred years?
- Would the world be under the domination of Nazi rule?
- What nations would not have recovered from natural disasters?
- What disease would not have been cured or medical advancement not have been made?
The USA has been great because her people have been free; free to pursue education, invention and enterprise regardless of a person’s social standing, color, race or gender.
Free to worship God, whatever your religion, or not worship if you so choose.
Let us remember and celebrate the great things of the USA and the amazing achievements of our Founding Fathers; while we continue to improve and correct the faults.
For that reason I say, “Thank you men and women of the armed forces who bravely served to keep us free and to the men and women in blue who serve daily to keep our cities safe, we love and appreciate you. God bless you and keep you.”