Whose Wisdom are You Living?
I hope you love the products and resources I recommend here at Foundational. It is possible that I get a commission and collect income from the links on this page. Click here for more info.
Grandpa Wiles was the wisest man I knew, growing up as a child.
Quite often he shared quotes he said were from Poor Richard’s Almanac. He must have looked to the writings of Benjamin Franklin as a source of wisdom.
To whom do you look for wisdom?
The twentieth century looked to the colleges and universities of the world for training in wisdom. The youth of those generations studied the writings of Aristotle, Plato, Immanuel Kant, Friedrich Nietzsche, and Freud, Skinner and Carl Rogers.
For years women and many men looked to Oprah, one time a Christian who has turned to New Age spiritism.
The twentieth century source of wisdom was not coming from men and women who anchored their reason and knowledge in God and His Holy Word.
They were agnostics and atheists who based their reason and knowledge in humanism and rationalism.
James, the brother of Jesus wrote about two sources of wisdom in this world. One source is earthly, sensuous, and demonic. The other source of wisdom is from heavenly, and is pure, peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, and full of mercy.
James wrote: “Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom. But if you have bitter envy and self-seeking in your hearts, do not boast and lie against the truth. This wisdom does not descend from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. For where envy and self-seeking exist, confusion and every evil thing are there. But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. Now the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace” (James 3:13-18 NKJV).
The Founding Fathers of the United States were trained to read by using the Holy Bible.
Their children were taught using the Holy Bible and the New England Primer. They studied the writings of Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle, along with other great men of history.
The foundation of their knowledge and their wisdom was the principles and precepts of God’s Holy Word. They lived their life, led their business affairs, and built society and culture upon the wisdom from above.
The current generation of national leaders and world leaders have been trained according to Romans 1:21-32.
The downward spiral of a culture described in these verses can be seen clearly in the American culture over the last sixty years.
- When they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were they thankful.
- They became vain in their imagination, foolish, and their heart was darkened (doctrines of demons).
- Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, changing the uncorrupted glory of God into image of corruptible man (rationalism).
- God also gave them up to uncleanness (immorality); lust of their own heart to dishonor their own bodies between themselves (moral relativity).
- Changed the truth of God into a lie and worshipped and served the creature more than they worshipped and served the creator (humanism)
The Apostle Paul described the results of rationalism, relativism, and humanism perfectly.
- They are given up to vile affections, beginning with lesbianism.
- Homosexuality between men and receiving the recompence of this error.
- They are given over to a reprobate mind because they refuse to retain God in their learning and knowledge.
- The culture is filled with all kinds of unrighteousness: fornication (premarital sex), wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness, envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity, whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents.
- They are without understand, covenant-breakers, without natural affection, implacable, and unmerciful.
- They know God’s judgment comes on such immoral behavior, but they do them anyway because they find pleasure in them.
I cannot think of a better way to explain what is happening in the world, right now!
In the professed wisdom of W.H.O. and C.D.C. the world has a vaccine that neither prevents a person from catching the C-19 virus no prevents the spread of the virus.
Who has heard of such a vaccine in history?
In the vast wisdom of psychology and psychiatry a person born male actually may be female and visa-versa. According to the great wisdom of sociology we must do away with the police and allow criminals to go unpunished for the good of society.
Do away with the historical markers and rewrite the factual history of our nation, so our children learn fabrication and distortion, not the true roots of their life.
Can we not see the fulfillment of God’s Word? “Professing themselves to wise, they became fools” (Romans 1:22). This wisdom is earthly (humanistic), sensual (immoral), and demonic.
Our sexualized, violent culture is the direct result of living by the wrong wisdom.
The answer is not found in a political party or more education. Although these things are very important.
The answer is found in a spiritual awakening that transforms the heart of men and women and turns our nation back to the source of true wisdom and living by the Holy Word of God.