The kingdom of God is a culture of worship.
So often men neglect worship because they think it’s a “woman thing”. But when we look at the Bible, we see that it was a manly thing.
David was a worshiper.
But the worship that King David had was lost by the time Jesus was born
Show Notes For This Foundational Podcast:
“But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
2 Foundational Truths the Church Needs to Know About Worship
By the time Jesus was born, worship had become very controlled. The spontaneity was gone. Instruments weren’t allowed. Only certain people could sing
- Worship is a matter of the heart
- When our heart is full of offense and bitterness, we can’t worship
- American culture is saturated in offense today
- We need to learn to stop living in the spirit of offense
- You can’t develop a heart of worship when you have a heart of offense
- Worship in Spirit and in truth
- Spirit is an expression of the heart
- When our heart is free we can have a spirit of worship
- Truth is God’s Word as the foundation for our life
- God prescribed worship in the Bible
“Make a joyful shout to the Lord, all you lands! Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Serve the Lord with gladness; Come before His presence with singing. Know that the Lord, He is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name. For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, And His truth endures to all generations.” Psalm 100
More Articles Like This:
If you enjoyed this podcast, please consider leaving us a review. This helps the Foundational podcast reach more listeners.
Be sure to tell a friend about the Foundational blog and podcast, and share with them about the free Bible Reading Challenge journal they will receive when they subscribe to receive my newsletter!