Have you ever received an incredible blessing from God in your life on Sunday only for it to have vanished somewhere the next day or a few days later and you think, “Where did it go? I thought I got blessed?”
You can’t lose a blessing.
But you can choose to walk away from your inheritance, renounce your adoptions, walk away from your walk with the Lord.
Sometimes we do stupid things, but you can’t lose your blessing.
There are days when we wake up in the morning and we’re feeling good and we feel God’s presence, but then by noon on the job someone gets in our face, our supervisor walks in all grumpy, and all that good “feeling” goes away.
It’s not that you lose your blessing, but the enemy tries to steal it or we make a poor choice and walk away from it because we choose:
- To walk into darkness
- Choose to walk into an inappropriate situation
- We choose behavior that will quench the blessing
- We grieve the Spirit that blessed us
What do you do?
- Reject the lie that you have to be good enough to receive good gifts from God
- Remember that it’s all by grace
“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking beautiful pearls, who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had and bought it.” Matthew 13:45-46
- The baptism of the Holy Spirit is one of the treasures in that field.
- Give everything up to get that treasure, just like you did for your Salvation.
“If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.” John 7:37a-38
- If you thirst for me with all your heart
- If you believe this treasure is worth everything
- Out of your belly will flow enormous rivers
“So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. If a son asks for bread from any father among you, will he give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent instead of a fish? Or if he asks for an egg, will he offer him a scorpion? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!” Luke 11:9-13
- In Greek – for Him that keeps on asking, keep seeking, keep knocking
“He who speaks in a tongue edifies himself, but he who prophesies edifies the church. I wish you all spoke with tongues,” 1 Corinthians 14:4-5a
“do not forbid to speak with tongues.” 1 Corinthians 14:39b
Do you know why Paul said this?
- God wants to give you that gift
- He gives the gift of the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues because in that heavenly language is where you find a supernatural resource of joy.
- You find a supernatural resource of peace
- You find a strength to walk through ever difficult situation you have
- You build yourself up in the Holy Spirit as you pray in your spiritual language
God wants you to live a supernatural kind of life!
“These things I have spoken to you, that you should not be made to stumble.” John 16:1
- We are so anchored in Christ that we don’t stumble
How do we do this?
- Its about the choices we make
- We win or lose by the way we choose
- Failure is not an identity, it’s an event
- Choose to live by truth, not deception and political correctness
- Choose to live by wisdom
- Choose to live by faith
If you enjoyed this podcast, please consider leaving us a review. This helps the Foundational podcast reach more listeners.
Get my new study on the Holy Spirit!
Be sure to tell a friend about the Foundational blog and podcast, and share with them about the free Bible Reading Challenge journal they will receive when they subscribe to receive my newsletter!
Find more content like this on Foundational: